Name: Susan Scott Title: Appraisal Coordinator Start Date at GVC: November 19, 2001 Fun GVC Fact: Has Worked in all Operations Departments other than Closing and Secondary
1. What do you like to do in your free time?
I like to go hunting and I like to go fishing, but whenever that’s not in season I like to hang out with my kids and husband, and I love to cook and I love to sew.
2. You can go on vacation anywhere in the world, where are you going?
I would go to the Galapagos Islands, I love sea turtles and I wanted to be an oceanographer whenever I was a little girl so that’s definitely where I’d go.
3. What is your favorite food?
I love anything Italian and anything with bacon on it I’ll eat it.
4. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
Tinker Bell because she’s a mischievous little blonde.
5. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Traveling with my parents. Two of my older brothers were in the Marines so we travelled a lot when I was younger and went to all the Marine bases.
6. What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would open up a nonprofit for children, kind of like Make-A-Wish, to get them doing things outside the hospital.
7. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
I was a collegiate cheerleader so the very first time I did one of the basket tosses and did the flip in the air without any safety harness on me.
8. If you could have dinner with anyone/any group of people, dead or alive, who would it be?
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. I’m a huge fan, I’ve read so many things so many of her books, and she always kept everything together. She was very classy and always had everything together through all of her struggles in her life.
9. What is your favorite part of working at GVC Mortgage?
The people and the fun we have together.
10. What is a random fact about you?
When I was 6 months old I had a tumor the size of a tennis ball removed from my chest. It was pressing against my esophagus and it was wrapped in my nerves so when they did surgery to remove that they cut some of the nerves. I only sweat on half of my body. They did radiation so my right side of my rib cage is half the size of my left and I have a scar that won’t let me pull my shoulder blade back all the way. I also have a droopy eye and my pupils are different sizes because of that, but I’m still here.
We are certainly glad Susan is still here. Since joining our family in November 2001 she has played a key role in helping us develop multiple departments. Thank you for all you do for us Susan!